RF Systems Engineer Senior
Design/develop/simulate/analyze component technologies for transmitters, receivers, and converters applied to radar, communications, and ECM/ECCM sub-systemsGenerate RF cascades for design/analysis of full sub-system performanceDeliver/define top-level architectures and design concept tradeoffs for a variety of technology solutions including new business captureDecompose system requirements into sub-system and component level requirements, generate/review written specificationsGenerate system block diagrams, interconnection drawings (ICDs), and assembly outline drawings Perform work planning, budget/schedule management, and identify technical deliverables for System Engineering section of proposalsParticipate in Government/Industry sponsored activities; industry-days, CONOP exercises, technical interchanges Propose technical solutions and define potential impacts on cost, schedule and programmatic riskDemonstrate ability to identify best-of-breed capabilities which could potentially deliver value to the end userRecommend, plan, lead, review, and identify risks for R&D effortsDevelop new solutions to be employed in solving technical issues
- B.S. Engineering or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- 5+ years of technical work experience
- Working experience with RF receivers, transmitters and filtering designs; modulation techniques; antennas; correlation; signal processing
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to interface with key internal and external customers, i.e., executives, military officers, government officials, etc.
- Exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness to design and deliver highly advanced solutions
- US Citizenship
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Well-developed knowledge of complex hardware systems
- Broadband (Octave to Decade) High Power Amplifier experience
- Relevant experience as a system architect for product development including architecture design, specifications, system design, and test for multiple elements of radar, communication, and/or EW
- Hands-on integration & validation experience including test and sell off of systems
- Regarded as an expert by company and industry. Examples of expertise could include pending / approved patents or trade secrets in a cross-section of the areas of expertise noted
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing, Radar/Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESA), Electromagnetic Interference Mitigation
- Systems modeling with MATLAB or equivalent tools, DOORS requirements management tools, risk management tools
- Familiarity with Military Handbooks and Standards (such as MIL-STD-461F), DoD Acquisition process (dod 5000.02)Experience with functional allocation among the fundamental elements of a system, such as: RF front end, various digital technologies, I/O
- Involvement in industry consortia relevant to the job requirements
- Proven ability to lead people to resolve technical problems
- Master’s Engineer degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems, or Physics
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.