Director Program Management
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
DIRECTOR OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT
The Director of Program and Project Management provides leadership and management of the PMO for Cobham Semiconductor Solutions Plainview, NY facility to meet requirements of programs and projects for both external and internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead team of program and project managers to deliver results on budget and schedule
- Work closely with business areas to support compliant proposals for both internally-funded, (IR&D), and external customer programs and projects
- Measure and drive utilizing EVM methodologies.
- Drive continuous improvement of program and project management methodologies within Cobham Plainview, including proposal generation, cost estimating, risk management, and scope management.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with engineering teams and leaders to drive cross-functional continuous improvement.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Lead and manage team of program and project managers. Perform management by objective of department members.·
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field from a four year college.
- Master’s degree desirable.
- Knowledgeable of both theoretical and practical aspects of program management.
- Knowledgeable of industry best practice program management techniques and tools, including EVM, risk management, and scope management.
- 15+ years’ program and/or project management experience in high technology industry, with 5+ years management or supervisory experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience with government-funded programs highly desirable.
BUDGETING AND FISCAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the budget for multiple departments within the manufacturing and production control areas.
- Responsible for the production cost of products. (COGS)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Security clearance desirable. Ability to obtain clearance required.
- PMP Certification desirable
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Cobra and Empower software tools desirable.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.