The production planner/buyer is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels..
- Release shop orders in support of customer Sales Orders.
- Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
- Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements and provides feedback to Sales as to when customer requirements can be satisfied.
- Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufacture or purchased, to meet production schedules. Completes shipping information and delivery date input during sale order reviews
- Interface with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing department and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Maintain the integrity of the MRP system.
- Releases purchase orders for production material, floor stock items and all purchases to support the business unit using on hand and on order conditions.
- Interface with suppliers to expedite purchase part orders as required to achieve on-time delivery and on-time shipments of end items.
- Interface with suppliers to achieve part quality improvement
- Negotiate purchase part costs and contractual terms and conditions if required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of Manufacturing Experience, Or 10 years of combined experience in a production planning/materials controls function and applicable education.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Collaboration Skills.
- MRP/ERP Proficiency.
- Microsoft Office
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.