RF/Analog Engineer II
Cobham is seeking a RF/Analog Engineer whose role will design and test various RF and RF related analog architectures. The Engineer must have a strong intuition in basic RF/Analog building block, backed by simulation and circuit analysis. The Engineer provides the circuit designs based on the performance spec, schedule, cost, reliability, and manufacturability requirements. The Engineer collaborate with Thermal, Reliability, Mechanical, Power, and System Engineering teams, contributing in identifying key risk factors and driving requirements for components interfacing with the design.
• Design RF/Analog circuits using simulation tools, generate BOM (Bill of Materials), and identify necessary equipment and components to perform test
• Perform PCB layout and/or Interface with a layout engineer for PCB tape-out
• Troubleshoot the circuit in test bench and simulation.
• Provide RF/Analog performance to System Engineering.
• Evaluate possible failure paths.
• Assist Product transition from Engineering to Manufacturing, including writing Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP).
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Science degree plus 2 years of experience in RF/Analog design.
• ADS/AWR/SPICE circuit simulation experience or equivalent
• Strong oral and written communication skills to interface with key internal and external customers.
• Requires a degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness to design and deliver highly advanced solutions
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics
• Familiar with component vendors and their technology
• RF Power Amplifier experience
• HFSS simulation experience
• PCB/chip-on-board design, test, and layout experience
• MTBF calculation and circuit failure analysis experience
• SiGe, CMOS, GaN, GaAs, InP or LDMOS semiconductor experience
• Active DOD Secret Clearance
Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state¬ of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is part of the Cobham family of companies and joins over 10,000 employees on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenues in excess of $3B. CAES Lansdale manufactures custom microwave antennas and components supporting the Aerospace and Defense Industries.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobhamcareers.com or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham.