Cobham is seeking a Test Technician to work at our San Jose, CA facility. The Test Technician’s responsibilities are focused in the area of dc alignment of thin film microwave subassemblies, using manual test equipment.
• Follow detailed instructions to perform dc alignment on thin film microwave subassemblies.
• Carefully review test results for compliance and accurately complete required documentation.
• Work independently and with a small team to meet daily production goals
• Participate in daily team meetings and document output and yield on a daily basis
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 1 years of experience working in electronics or completion of an Electronics program
• Strong math/algebra skills
• Basic understanding of electronic circuits
• Ability to work under a microscope
• Basic computer skills, including file management, email and basic Excel functions
• Attention to detail and ability to carefully follow written and verbal instructions
• Good time management skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to carefully handle delicate hardware and use hand tools such as tweezers and small screw drivers
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
• Ability to wire bond and experience working under a microscope
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.