Cobham is seeking a Quality Control Inspector to work at our San Jose, CA facility. Join our highly skilled San Jose team to develop and manufacture advanced microwave and millimeter wave subsystems, hybrid modules and components for defense electronics customers.
• Perform preseal and final inspections of hybrid and surface mount technology (SMT) products.
• Inspection of microwave circuits will be in accordance with the requirements of hybrid workmanship standards based on MIL-STD-883, Method 2017. In addition, some products include printed wiring assemblies requiring inspection per IPC-A-610.
• Must utilize a microscope for inspection at 30X magnification and perform detailed piece part inspections at 400X-600X magnification. Handle tools during inspections, would include tweezers for handling small parts.
• Effectively communicate to peers and internal customers through both verbal and written methods.
• High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in related position.
• US Citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and maintain Secret Clearance.
• MIL-STD-883 Certified
• IPC-A-610 Certified
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.