Cobham is seeking a solder/mechanical assembler to work at our San Jose, CA facility. The Assembler’s responsibilities are focused in the area of hand soldering Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and mechanical assembly of complex microwave subsystems (box build).
• Carefully follow detailed instructions to hand solder and conformal coat circuit card assemblies
• Carefully follow detailed instructions to perform mechanical assembly of complex microwave subsystems
• Carefully document all assembly and rework steps
• Work independently and with a small team to meet daily production goals
• Participate in daily team meetings and document output on a daily basis
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least 3 years of assembly experience
• Ability to work under a microscope
• Ability to use tweezers, torque drivers and other small hand-tools
• Basic computer skills for documenting defects and time charging
• Attention to detail and ability to carefully follow written and verbal instructions
• Good time management skills and ability to multi-task
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
• IPC 610 solder certification
• Hand soldering
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.