Cobham is seeking a Sr. Test Engineer to design, develop, and implement detailed test strategies and test techniques to support the integration and acceptance testing of electronic assemblies, subassemblies and systems for use in electronic warfare systems. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
- Design, develop, and implement robust and reliable test solutions and procedures in support of a high paced RF production environment Solutions range from developing manual test set-ups to fully automated test equipment, Test Program Sets (TPSs), at the component, assembly and system levels
- Create test conditions and scripts to automate highly repetitive RF S-Parameter measurements.
- Construct, characterize, align and test hardware designs in RF, microwave, and millimeter-wave electronics which consists of various MMIC, Si based IC devices and filters on transmission media such as microstrip, stripline and coplanar waveguide.
- Perform troubleshooting of hardware test failures to determine root cause identification and resolution
- Perform technical assignments of an investigatory or test nature requiring minimal direction from senior engineering personnel.
- Responsible for the transition and training of new and legacy hardware to operations personnel.
- Support Engineering and Operations with testing outside the normal test process, create test setups and test procedures as required.
- Experience as a Test Engineer to design, develop, and implement detailed test strategies and test techniques to support the integration and acceptance testing of electronic assemblies, subassemblies and systems for use in electronic warfare
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering from an accredited college or university or its equivalent and usually a minimum of five (5) years work experience; or a Master's Degree and three (3) years experience
- Be able to interpret and analyze complex performance and acceptance test specifications and procedures.
- Be able to develop test solutions with minimal supervision
- Be proficient in gathering, processing, and analyzing RF signals in the Microwave and millimeter wave domains using various measurement instrumentation (Vector Network Analyzers, Scalar Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes etc.)In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- Experience with automated test station hardware design, specifically switch matrices and various communication protocols (LXI, GPIB, IP, CAN bus)
- Experience with design (CAD) and implementation of test fixtures.
- Familiarity with DoD industry and DSS security procedures (NISPOM)
- Knowledge of HP Basic.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- Able to measure and analyze RF signals in the microwave and millimeter wave domains using various measurement instruments (PNA, Spectrum Analyzers, ENAs, etc.)
- Proficient in automating acceptance test procedures using VB. NET utilizing established test executive.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.