Export Compliance Manager
Cobham is seeking an Export Compliance Manager that will who will have the responsibilities for one or more Business Units within North America for supervising and implementing the day-to-day operations of the Cobham Export/Import Compliance Policy (“Ex/Im Policy”) as well as overseeing the activities of the Export Compliance Officers (“ECO”) and/or Export Compliance Administrators (“ECA”) assigned to such Business Unit(s).
We are actively seeking qualified talent in either of the following geographies: Crystal City, VA , Exeter, NH , Plainview, NY, Eatontown, NJ, Hauppauge, NY or Lansdale, PA.
- Ensuring that the activities of the Business Unit(s) comply with applicable export control laws and regulations, as well as the requirements set forth in the Ex/Im Policy.
- Completing or overseeing responsibility for all export compliance requirements for each proposed export, import and re-export transaction, in coordination with the other relevant employees within the Business Unit, to ensure that each proposed transaction complies with applicable licensing requirements under export control laws and regulations.
- Arranging export compliance training, as needed
- Monitoring and advising the appropriate ECOs and/or ECAs of revisions/changes to export control laws and regulations, and the Ex/Im Policy
- Responding to inquiries from Business Unit employees regarding compliance issues, in consultation with the Director, GTC as necessary
- Reviewing, tracking and maintaining export license applications and requests for other types of export approvals filed with government agencies on behalf of the applicable Business Units
- Developing Business Unit processes, procedures and recordkeeping systems to ensure compliance with the Cobham Ex/Im Policy
- Assisting the Director, GTC with changes to the Business Unit’s export compliance procedures, as required
- Assisting the Director, GTC with the annual audits of the Business Unit’s facility’s compliance with the Cobham Ex/Im Policy or more frequently as necessary.
- Determining proper classification and jurisdiction of Cobham products and services
- Act as the Empowered Official to include: Having authority for policy or management within the company. Being legally empowered in writing to sign license applications or other requests for approval on behalf of the applicant. Having the independent authority to: Inquire into any aspect of a proposed export or temporary import by Cobham.Verify the legality of the transaction and the accuracy of the information to be submitted. Refuse to sign any license application or other request for approval without prejudice or other adverse recourse. Performing due diligence on End User Undertakings/Certificates.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience.
- Five (5)+ years’ experience in export compliance
- One (1)+ year experience with the provisions and requirements of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR 120 – 130), Export
- Administration Regulations (15 CFR 700 – 799), U.S. Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Controls (31 CFR 500 – 599), U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations (19 CFR 1 - 199).
- Experience at the intermediate level with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.