Cobham is looking for a Material Coordinator to ensure the flow of materials throughout the manufacturing process according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities; complies and maintains manual or computerized records; requisition material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability; performs work of moderate to high complexity. We are looking for someone who will thrive working in a fast paced environment, customer service driven, and has strong attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Expedite and manage the delivery of electronic materials throughout all departments of the production process.
- Review production schedule and related information and confer with department supervisors to determine material requirements to track and identify overdue materials.
- Examine material delivered to production departments to verify conformance to specifications.
- Compile and maintain manual or computerized records; such as material inventory, process production reports, status, and location of materials.
- May monitor and control movement of material and parts between department using manual or computerized tools.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Performs work of moderate complexity; uses judgment within established practices, policies and procedures.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- One (1) year of related material handling experience. Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment or inventory management preferred; High School Diploma or General Education Degree required; Associates degree a plus.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend written and verbal complex instructions as well as technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs at an intermediate level; ability to use Enterprise-wide systems such as SAP;
- Analytical skills: review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities;
- Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
- May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- Must have current Hazardous Materials & Waste handling training.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.