Continuous Improvement Analyst
Innovators with Insight
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. The insights of our innovators today will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting
work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham plc products and services have been at the heart of sophisticated military and civil systems for more than 75 years, keeping people safe, improving communications, and enhancing the capability of land, sea, air and space platforms. The Company has four sectors employing more than 12,000 people on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenue of some £1.9bn /US$3 billion+.
The Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions Inc. Sector, headquartered in Arlington VA is seeking Continuous Improvement professionals to function as Lean Facilitators to identify and drive key actions across the Sector locations, in support of site-specific transformation projects.
The Lean Facilitators are expected to achieve substantial results in a variety of areas of operational excellence through reduction of waste. They are a respected leader in the organization and successfully advocate continuous improvement. Outcomes of the role’s impact will include:
- Organizational achievement of sustainable strategic objectives, including those relating to:
o Lead time reductions
o On-time delivery
o Cost savings
- Maturity of the culture of continuous improvement
- Efficiencyand effectiveness of manufacturing processes, business processes, and thinking processes
In this role, key responsibilities will be:
- Leading all phases of continuous improvement projects using formal methodologies including DMAIC, PDCA, DMADV, Kaizen events and RCCA (root cause corrective action.
- Capturing, qualifying and prioritizing the impact of continuous improvement ideas
- Translating strategic objectives into operational plans
- Teaching, mentoring, and coaching others in the organization in the topics of continuous improvement and elimination of waste
- Engaging with individuals throughout the organization, including manufacturing personnel, engineers, executives, and professional staff to drive continuous improvement activities
Key Leadership Competencies and Measures
- Ability to deploy knowledge and skills attained in a lean accreditation program
- Can lead and achieve improvements without direct or formal authority
- Demonstrates ability to drive waste out of complex and sometimes ill-defined situations
- Willing to dive into details when necessary and get your hands dirty
- Works effectively across traditional organization boundaries of function, position, and other differences
- Works well in team environment, with sound negotiation and people solving skills
- Moderate and adaptable analytical skills
- High emotional intelligence with respect to organizational change
- Comfortable and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (excepting Access)
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
- Ability to travel 10% and up to 25% as needed
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware
that is controlled by export laws of the US. Hired employees are required
to provide proof of US Citizenship.
- Accredited Lean Facilitator or equivalent certification
- Experience in Aerospace & Defense field