Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues, to resolve employee relations issues with a systematic approach. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., salary review, workforce planning, and organizational change). Assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives. Plays a tactical role in administering talent management and succession planning activity within client organization. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving. The successful HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent for San Diego.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Develop required knowledge of the affected businesses to fully understand the organizational impact across all functions, and assess impact on the affected organizations and their respective workforce.
- Provide direct HR support to functions of the business, working with the Supervisors/Managers to identify and address performance issues and ensure operational HR is delivered effectively.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HR policies and initiatives to enhance overall business performance.
- Consult with management, providing HR guidance on company policies as well as state and federal law.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide performance management guidance to management which includes but is not limited to coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions and involuntary terminations when needed.
- Support the delivery of the Performance Management process and associated activities within the established system to ensure consistency.
- Utilize and leverage YOH for recruitment, sourcing strategies, and to identify and recruit the best fit candidates.
- Manage HR metrics to drive business strategy.
- Work with the leadership and talent team to support talent management processes within the Site, e.g. Succession Planning, Career Planning and the Cobham Development programmes.
- Understand the long term business plan to obtain synergies.
- Work with stakeholders on strategic initiatives and ad-hoc projects in service of organization development.
- Undertake special projects as needed by the business.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typically supports client groups of non-exempt, exempt and management-level employees; may support multiple client groups; provides advice, direction and leadership to less experienced staff members; may act as a supervisory employee; establishes strategies, policies and processes for specialty area and makes policy and process recommendations in all areas of department function; may represent company to external contacts such as vendors or government agencies;
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field of study.
• Minimum 3 years’ generalist experience in all areas of HR, including resourcing, talent acquisition, employee relations and benefits management.
• Experience in manufacturing, technology, or aerospace and defense preferred.
• Experience working with cross functional teams in a matrixed environment.
• Demonstrated experience consulting with and advising senior business leaders and HR leaders.
• Experience in integrating workforces / change initiatives / site closure / or similar workforce actions.
• Fully computer literate including Excel & PowerPoint at Intermediate level.
• High degree of problem solving abilities.
• Clear, concise and persuasive written and oral presentation skills.
Communication and Analytical skills: Analytical skills and ability to present solutions to issues in a concise manner to varying levels of leadership - Ability to operate independently, yet collaborate as an effective team member - Experience in Organizational Development, Leadership Coaching, Workforce Planning and Management, and Compensation is highly desired.
Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface, proficient use of Microsoft office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP.
Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellence Behaviors: Remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.