To supervise the Contract Services area of the Contracts Department including hands on management of the Purchase Order Acceptance Process (POAP), Sales Order Entry, and administration of customer purchase agreements. This effort requires interfacing with internal functional departments to support the POAP, enter Sales Orders (SO) into the company’s Enterprise-wide system such as SAP, respond to data calls, manage the contract brief system and maintain filing systems and databases.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
· Performs hands on order administration including preparation of customer correspondence in accordance with the Purchase Order Acceptance Process (POAP).
· Supervise staff including recommendations for selecting, terminating, performance evaluation, training, work assignments and problem resolution.
· Participate in the development of goals and objectives for the Contract Services area; recommend, implement and administer methods, processes and procedures to enhance the operations of Contract Services.
· Personally prepares customer correspondence as needed in order to respond to customer inquiries regarding Purchase Order acknowledgement.
· Refine POAP procedures as needed and perform POAP training
· Maintains logs of customer orders that require definitization or other follow-up.
· Identify and elevate any internal POAP issues to the appropriate functional group.
· Performs Sales Order entry functions and route in accordance with POAP.
· Maintain contracts files and databases in accordance with POAP.
· Respond to data calls with the requisite contract data.
· Prepare and maintain contract briefs in accordance with POAP.
· Support the month-end activities attributed to SO issues such as incorrect product revision or bill/ship to address.
· Participate in safety training and comply with safety policies and practices.
· Improve and maintain 5S in your area, make suggestions for improvements.
· Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
· Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Drafts contractual language and preparation of correspondence to customers acknowledging contract terms.
· Primary support to Contracts department in order administration, order entry, reporting, data management and general contract services administration.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
· Education and Experience: Five (5) years of customer service or contracts services experience in a defense contractor manufacturing environment with two (2) years supervisory experience, preferred, proficient in SAP and specially the Sales and Distribution module, highly preferred; Bachelor degree in Business or related field, preferred;
· Proofreading skills: ability verify data input and correct errors; must have basic knowledge of alpha-numeric filing system;
· Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend complex written instructions as well as technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
· Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs;
· Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite such as Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level; proficient using Enterprise-wide software such as SAP, specifically with the Sales & Distribution module; database management skills;
· Time Management & organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques; ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events; effectively and efficiently multi-task;
· Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Contract Management Certificate preferred.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.