Cobham is seeking a Senior Buyer . This position purchases all types of material/services; including the development of supply sources, awarding of purchase orders and contracts, and related administrative
• Responsible for guiding lower level Buyers in performing purchasing
• Reviews and edits purchase requisitions of a wide variety of items to
• ensure complete and accurate information as well as appropriate approvals have
• been obtained
• Interfaces with technical and management personnel, regarding possible
• changes in material, quantity, quality or delivery schedules that may result in cost
• Requests and analyzes quotes to ensure reasonable price and that the
• items meet Company design and specification
• Prepares a complete purchase order and arranges for blueprints,
• specifications, material and tooling to be forwarded to suppliers
• Works with technical personnel in the design stages and the quoting
• Selects the most economical proposal and negotiates with the supplier in
• accordance with Company and Government regulations
• Investigates availability of new products and processes
• Makes periodic visits to suppliers' facilities to become familiar with
• equipment, personnel and capabilities, and assists them when problems arise
• Expedites material to ensure on-time delivery
• Performs price analysis as needed
• Arranges and attends conferences between vendor personnel and other
• Company employees
• Requires a Bachelor of Science/Arts Degree and four (6) years’ experience
• in procurement OR a Master's Degree and three (3) years’ experience in
• Basic knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, contract law, and cost/price analysis techniques is required.
• Intermediate Level Microsoft Office Suite
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• Certification in Certified Purchasing Management (CPM) and/or Certified in
• Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
• APICS Certification is preferred
• Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain is preferred
• Experience in Aerospace or Defense Industries is preferred
• Contracts negotiation and administration, and execution of Long Term
• Agreements are preferred
• Project Management experience preferred
• Six Sigma experience preferred
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.