Cobham is seeking a Cost/Pricing Analyst, Cobham Advanced Electronic Systems for the Exeter, New Hampshire Operations. The Cobham Cost/Pricing Analyst’s primary focus will be to develop accurate, compliant cost estimates for pricing. Requirements include excellent analytical skills, knowledge of FAR, DFARs regulations, TINA and CAS, advanced Excel skills, and excellent communication skills to ensure that the pricing strategy supports the overall business goals.
This position is responsible for working with existing data bases, retrieving, compiling and analyzing data to develop an accurate, compliant cost basis for pricing. The Cost/Pricing Analyst will collaborate with Business Development/Sales, Program Management and Senior Management to develop a pricing strategy that will best meet the company’s goals for customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Review the pricing requirements of Requests for Proposals and customer requests for contract modifications and participate in development of a pricing strategy/approach.
- Ensure cost proposals are prepared timely and accurately in accordance with all regulatory and compliance requirements including TINA, FAR, DFARS and CAS.
- Review all elements of cost including direct labor, material, ODC and indirect costs in ensuring compliance with FAR, DFARS and Cobham procedures.
- Will work collaboratively with functional departments to coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements and research and analyze historical data and develop cost models to support proposal efforts.
- Assist with the development of intelligence-based pricing standards, strategies and best practices where applicable and integrate the same throughout the organization; ensuring all departments are aware of and utilizing them in preparation of their cost input.
- Utilize analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilize MS Office Suite (emphasis on Excel) and other Pricing tools as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or the equivalent combination of education and experience) and 1-3 years of related experience
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet experience (pivot tables, v-lookups, macros, complex formulas)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and root cause analysis capabilities
- Advanced problem solving ability, strong ERP understanding
- Must be able to attain a government security clearance. US Citizen.
- Degree in Math or Business,
- Salesforce experience
- Pro-Pricer experience
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.