Director of Operations
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
The Director of Operations provides leadership and management of all manufacturing operations for Cobham Semiconductor Solutions Colorado Springs facility to meet business requirements for delivery, costs, and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with business areas, engineering and site strategy team to define short and long term business needs including capacity, cost and cycle time.
- Lead operations team in achieving these needs by developing, planning, and administering operations-related plans, budgets, and policies and procedures. This is including, but not limited to: budgets for equipment expenditures and direct/indirect labor; development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Champion the Supply aspect of the SIOP process.
- Oversee manufacturing lines, manufacturing engineering, production control, materials center, and shipping/receiving functional organizations.
- Work with finance in establishing targets and reporting of results per Cobham requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to realize cost, schedule, and quality world-class results.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain safety and regulatory compliance relating to the production facility.
- Oversee scheduling and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
- Lead the operations management team in support of business goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree in business or engineering required, Masters degree desirable.
- 15+ years’ experience in a microelectronics and/or circuit card manufacturing environment, with 10+ years in
- Strong working knowledge of theory and application of ERP systems required. Visual Manufacturing specific experience
- Strong working knowledge of production control functions required.
- Strong working knowledge of IC and CCA manufacturing flows required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
BUDGETING AND FISCAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the budget for multiple departments within the manufacturing and production control areas.
- Responsible for the production cost of products. (COGS)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, GOVERNMENT SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Security clearance desirable
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in Visual Manufacturing is highly desirable.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of
other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.