Electrical Engineer I
Support sustaining engineering of basic complexity integrated microwave assemblies through the tuning, testing and optimization of RF/Microwave circuits; assist in electrical and mechanical design and generating complete drawing packages, including testing procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Assist in the design of RF/Microwave circuits including amplifiers, mixers, switches, filters, and oscillators, including components identification, computer & mathematical modeling, part, material, process selection and mechanical layout and packaging.
- Evaluate specifications and generate testing procedures; perform circuit and reliability analysis.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers, designers and drafters to produce mechanical design and drawing packages under guidance of the Responsible Engineer or Engineering Manager.
- Test, tune, debug and optimize prototype circuits and components to meet specification requirements and manufacturing produce-ability requirements.
- Team up with technicians on test, tune, debug and optimization of prototype circuits and components.
- Partner with the organization in the scheduling of development projects, including process development, fixture design and implementation, material procurement and customer interface (design reviews).
- Perform and coordinate production engineering support function such as fixtures, materials, design, process problem evaluation and solution.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work areas as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), or related field, including electromagnetism course and labs, required; or, three (3) years minimum as Engineer, Electrical Associate II with experience in RF/Micro wave circuit analysis using tools such as MWO or ADS.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to speak effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers and the general public; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; technical writing skills to document test requirements and prepare concise technical reports.
- Reasoning skills: ability to sufficiently apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs such CAD or CAE, preferred.
- Technical skills: ability to read schematics, assembly drawings and parts list; ability to create electrical schematic and mechanical drawings; basic knowledge of programming.
- Working knowledge of electronics including power and RF theory; RF/Microwave parameters & test procedures.
- Time Management & Organizational skills: ability to plan effectively using different tools; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
- May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.