Manufacturing Engineer II
Cobham is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering II that will be responsible for creating and maintaining process documentation and maintaining production fixtures and tools. This position supports the production function on technical issues that arise. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
• Establishes and maintains production routings and detailed assembly work instructions.
• Assists in the monitoring of daily production activities and recommends/implement product and/or process improvements to enhance the efficiency of operations.
• Evaluates capacity requirements for assembly tooling, fixtures, and equipment to support manufacturing operations.
• Assists/Leads in equipment and production floor layout activities to promote an efficient flow of product and minimize production lead times through various assembly operations.
• Assists in capital equipment requirements forecasting, develops ROI analysis reports, prepares capital equipment requests, and documents/maintains equipment operating procedures.
• Practices continuous improvement methodologies including lean manufacturing, root cause problem solving, value stream mapping, etc. to improve production efficiencies and key performance metrics.
• Occasional travel as needed, up to 10%.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering)
• Two (2) Years of experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
• Two (2) Experience with MS Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point), SolidWorks, AutoCAD or similar experience
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• Three (3) to Five (5) years’ experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer within a manufacturing environment focused on operations and manufacturing engineering
• Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
• Aerospace or Defense Experience preferred
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.