Operator, Assembly II -2nd Shift
Prepare and assemble electronic components and hybrid assemblies of moderate complexity in a clean room or lab setting by using blueprint drawing, diagrams, manufacturing processes and procedures; work is performed under a microscope and by means of using small hand tools, bonding machines, welders and process equipment, the major process procedures include substrate attach, die attach, mechanical assembly, gap weld, wire bond, pull test and solder using machines such as Automated Solder Dispense, Semi-Auto Pick & Place, Screen Printing Solder, and Solder Reflow.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Operate manual or semi-automatic or automatic equipment to assemble hybrid electronic or solder components using at least three of the following processes: substrate attach (manual and auto), die attach (semi-auto and auto), mechanical assembly, gap weld, wire bond (manual and auto), b-staging, cross-stitch bonding, and pull test (destructive and non-destructive) or solder using Auto-Dispense, Solder Screen print, Pick and Place, and Solder reflow.
- Research the most current drawing in an Enterprise-wide system such as Anzio or SAP; verify accuracy, revision and affectivity of drawing and update it in traveler, if applicable.
- Clean electronic components and assemblies following MIC and Solder Assembly processes and procedures prior to starting the work order.
- Set up assigned machine as required by process or procedure; execute process; visually inspect work completed for accuracy and compliance to drawings; barcode completed work orders as required by traveler document; release the order to subsequent operations.
- Request materials and components to attach, install or complete as required, ensuring appropriate labels and packages for parts; inform supervisor and/or lead of assembly discrepancies.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintains clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Employees are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment. Employees are responsible for cooperating with all aspects of the safety program. All employees are expected to demonstrate proper safety behaviors, including reporting any unsafe conditions or safety violations to a supervisor or manager. Employees are dedicated to obtaining and maintaining the Cobham goal of zero accidents and injuries.
- Perform work of moderate complexity, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations, normally receiving little instruction on daily work and general instructions on newly introduced assignments;
- Operate manual/semi-automatic machine and/or automatic machine to assemble REMEC products using at least two of the automated plus two non-automated major MIC or Solder Assembly processes or procedures or an equivalent critical manual process procedure.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- One (1) year of related experience required, previous experience using small hand tools such as tweezers and microscopes, required; detail-oriented with good manual and eye dexterity; working knowledge of at least three (3) of the major processes used in MIC Assembly or Solder Assembly, required; High School or GED equivalent, desirable.
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; proficient English reading level to understand technical terminology used within the organization;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent;
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs.
- Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to focus on task at hand and meet expected time completion (ETC); ability to keep an organized work station and materials.
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.