Functions of this role will include:
- Design/develop/simulate/analyze component technologies for transmitters, receivers, filters, converters applied mostly to EW sub-systems
- Generate RF cascades for design/analysis of sub-system performance
- Deliver/define top-level architectures and design concept tradeoffs for a variety of technology solutions including new business capture
- Decompose system requirements into sub-system and component level requirements, generate/review written specifications
- Generate block diagrams, interconnection drawings, and assembly outline drawings
- Perform work planning, budget/schedule management, and identify technical deliverables for RF Engineering section of proposals
- Participate in Government/Industry sponsored activities; industry-days, CONOP exercises, technical interchanges
- Propose technical solutions and define potential impacts on cost, schedule and risk
- Demonstrate ability to identify best-of-breed capabilities which could potentially deliver value to the end user
- Develop new solutions to be employed in solving technical issues
- B.S. Engineering, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or equivalent experience.
- Min of 4 years’ experience in the following:
- Working experience with RF receivers, transmitters, converters, and filtering designs
- RF design experience from VHF- to K-Band
- Use of an RF Cascade tool (e.g. VSS, Genesys, SystemVue) and a simulation tool (e.g. Momentum, ADS, HFSS, CST, Feko)
- Good oral/written communication skills to interface with key internal/external customers
- High degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness to design/deliver solutions
- US Citizenship and eligible for security clearance - must meet the reqmts for access to classified information
- Knowledge of complex hardware systems and interfacing with antennas
- Broadband (Octave to Decade) High Power Amplifier experience
Experience as an architect for development including design, specifications, fabrication, and test for multiple elements of radar, communication, or EW
- Hands-on integration & validation experience including test and sell off of systems
- Experience with Radar, Active Electronically Scanned Arrays (AESAs), Electromagnetic Interference Mitigation
- Systems modeling with MATLAB or equivalent tools
- Familiarity with Military Handbooks and Standards, or DoD Acquisition process (5000.02)
- Experience with functional allocation among the fundamental elements of a system, such as: RF front end, various digital technologies, I/O
- Involvement in industry consortia relevant to the job requirements
- Master’s Engineer degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems, or Physics
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.