Six Sigma Black Belt (SSBB)
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham plc products and services have been at the heart of sophisticated military and civil systems for more than 75 years, keeping people safe, improving communications, and enhancing the capability of land, sea, air and space platforms. The Company has four sectors employing more than 12,000 people on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenue of some £1.9bn /US$3 billion+.
The Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions Inc. Sector, headquartered in Arlington VA is seeking Continuous Improvement professionals at the Black Belt level to identify and drive key actions across the Sector locations, in support of site-specific transformation projects.
The Six Sigma Black Belt (SSBB) is expected to achieve substantial results in a variety of areas of operational excellence. They are a respected leader in the organization and successfully advocate continuous improvement. Outcomes of the role’s impact will include:
- Organizational achievement of sustainable strategic objectives, including those relating to:
- Lead time reductions
- On-time delivery
- Cost savings
- Maturity of the culture of continuous improvement
- Efficiency and effectiveness of manufacturing processes, business processes, and thinking processes
In this role, key responsibilities will be:
- Leading all phases of continuous improvement projects using formal methodologies including DMAIC, PDCA, DMADV, and RCCA (root cause corrective action)
- Conducting analyses in a variety of capacities, including: financial, root cause, and organizational readiness
- Capturing, qualifying and prioritizing the impact of continuous improvement ideas
- Translating strategic objectives into operational plans
- Using inferential and descriptive statistical tools in decision-making
- Teaching, mentoring, and coaching others in the organization in the topics of continuous improvement
- Engaging with individuals throughout the organization, including manufacturing personnel, engineers, executives, and professional staff to drive continuous improvement activities
Key Leadership Competencies and Measures:
- Ability to deploy knowledge and skills attained in a 6 sigma accreditation program
- Can lead and achieve improvements without direct or formal authority
- Demonstrates ability to dissect and comprehend complex and sometimes ill-defined situations
- Wiling to dive into details when necessary and get your hands dirty
- Works effectively across traditional organization boundaries of function, position, and other differences
- Works well in team environment, with sound negotiation and people solving skills
- Solid and adaptable analytical skills
- High emotional intelligence with respect to organizational change
- Comfortable and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (excepting Access)
- Accredited Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean equivalent certification
- Minimum 10 years’ related experience with no degree, 6 years’ related experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, 4 years’ related experience with a Master’s degree or higher
- Demonstrated success as a change agent
- Ability to travel 10% and up to 25% as needed
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. Hired employees are required to provide proof of either US Citizenship or Permanent US Residency.