Supplier Quality Engineer III
Develop, evaluate, revise and apply technical quality assurance protocol and methods to accomplish Supplier Quality Assurance management activity. Conduct supplier quality audits and evaluations of supplier quality systems implementation and evaluate process capability / capacity contributing to decisions regarding supplier approval into the Approved Supplier List. Accomplish supplier pre-cap and final inspection of supplier product prior to shipment as required. Coordinate and evaluate supplier corrective action requests (SCARs) communicating with suppliers to obtain effective and timely corrective actions to prevent recurrence of product defects. Coordinate with the purchasing organization resolution of supplier quality issues and assignment of PO Quality Codes. Develop purchase order drawing requirements and establish / enter ERP inspection planning for purchased material. Ensure compliance with quality standards and applicable government regulations; perform analysis and identify trends for supplier purchased material.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
· Analyze and verify supplier quality system implementation and process methods and procedures for manufacturing, testing and inspecting the quality level of products.
· Review supplier manufacturing documentation ensuring the necessary criteria and provisions are incorporated to permit effective inspection, testing and use of materials.
· Analyze reports and product to be returned to suppliers; initiate correction action (SCAR) for procedural, product or process deficiencies.
· A thorough understanding of use and application of statistical quality assurance methods is required.
· Chair/lead MRB team meetings. Participate in CCB as required to support program performance.
· Analyze supplier failure analysis root cause determination and corrective action to assure the action is contributing to supplier process improvement and recurrence prevention.
· Review in-coming inspection rejections of supplier material, parts or products identifying rejection trends observed, communicating these to suppliers and taking action as appropriate.
· Promote supplier / Cobham partnerships internal and external with cross organizational teams.
· Interface with buyers planning supplier management efforts and resolving supplier and procurement quality issues.
· Improve and maintain 5S in SQA area, make suggestions for improvements.
· Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
· Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
· Issue regular supplier performance reports to key suppliers, visit suppliers as necessary accomplishing supplier process audits and to qualify them as “Approved Suppliers”, participate with suppliers improving supplier process, procedures and product quality.
· Evaluate finished goods product and paperwork and sign C of C’s certifying our company’s product as conforming to customer requirements.
· Accomplish Customer Source Inspection (CSI) at suppliers when required.
· Input ERP Material Master data for Quality related fields
· Become ERP Subject Matter Expert (SME) and perform other Quality Engineering tasks as assigned.
· Performs work of moderate complexity; uses discretion and judgment to develop processes and procedures for continuous improvement;
· Ability to effectively communicate with suppliers developing a strong working relationship with supplier QA and management. Represent Cobham as a world class DOD contractor;
· Ability to coordinate long term effective and efficient supplier product corrective actions leading to improved quality and reliability of supplier products;
· Ability to learn and understand various supplier product configuration and processing methods
· Knowledge of and experience with precision machining.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, top management and suppliers.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
· Minimum of Two to 5 years of related experience in Supplier Quality Assurance
· Bachelor of Science degree in Business, Engineering, Science, Math or related field is required.
· Experience working in a defense related industry under AS9100 and AS9102 regulations
· Required to obtain and maintain a security clearance which requires US citizenship
· Masters of Science degree in Business, Engineering, Science, Math or related field is desired.
· Experience with manufacturing processes such as soldering, plating, machining, etc.
· IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 certified
· SPC/LEAN/Six Sigma/DMAIC experience
· Leadership skills: ability to inspire and motivate others;
· Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, analyze, interpret and comprehend written complex instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before customers, employees and with suppliers; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
· Computer skills: working knowledge of networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel, Word and Outlook software programs at an intermediate to advanced level; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems;
· Math & Analytical skills: intermediate to advance mathematical skills, including statistical inferences and patterns; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements; solid understanding of basic statistics and statistical patterns. Ability to rationally analyze product performance and improvement solutions.
· Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
· Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently as well in a team environment and multi-task.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.