Antenna Development Manager
Cobham is seeking an Antenna Development Manager to perform electrical engineering technical work in microwave electronics which requires diversified application of engineering principles, theories, concepts, precedents and techniques.
· Coordinates and directs the work efforts of lower level engineers and support personnel.
· Performs professional technical analysis, design or test on one or more complex components, circuits or functional systems of company products requiring the full use and wide application of established engineering principles, theories, concepts and precedents in the field plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines.
· Performs technical engineering reviews requiring full use and application of accepted principles, theories, concepts and techniques which directly affect the development or production of moderately complex components, circuits, or functional systems of company products.
· Reviews Bills of Material (BOM) and drawings to identify discrepancies, obsolete parts and replacement components as required as well as ensure other technical information required for production is present.
· Consults with engineering specialists to devise new techniques and approaches and provides solutions to a wide range of technical problems. Makes independent decisions based on available data, selection of materials and required parameters.
· Works from technical objectives, overall schedules and expected results as specified by supervisor or senior engineering personnel. May lead project segments responsible for achievement of schedule, fiscal and technical performance objectives.
· Assignments are broad and may include the development of new techniques as a result of independent research study; development and evaluation of plans and procedures; theoretical computations and analysis; design and development of equipment with several complex features; testing of procedures, equipment, materials; contributions to proposal efforts; responsibility for the conduct and performance of assignments.
· Coordinates the preparation of charts, diagrams and reports, expressing recommendations, technical accomplishments and project progress measured against specific plans.
· Attends conferences and meetings as required to represent assigned activity.
· Maintains knowledge in the area of specialization and is cognizant of developments in other related fields.
· Performs special assignments as required.
· Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred) from an accredited college or university
· Minimum of four (4) years of management or leadership experience in a defense industry related high tech design and manufacturing environment. .
· Strong knowledge of MIL specifications and standards and operating procedures.
· Knowledgeable in one or more software packages: HFSS (highly preferred), ADS, Ansys Designer, AWR, VHDL, Matlab, Orbit Spectrum, Orbit 959, GRASP, or FEKO.
· Must have experience leading change management and problem management activities
· In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
· A Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree from an accredited college or university
· Active DoD clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Experience in providing Enterprise IT Services, including implementation of ITIL best practices
· ITIL v3 Foundation Level Certification (or better) and experience managing programs within the ITIL framework
· Demonstrated success improving, optimizing, standardizing, and streamlining customer support processes that yielded improvements in customer satisfaction and resulted in cost reductions
· At least five years’ experience managing IT service delivery in a large 10,000 to 20,000 user environment
· Strong leadership qualities and facilitation skills with the ability to lead service delivery teams through assessment and mitigation activities
· Detailed understanding of the impact of change, the interdependencies and impact on the business and IT Projects
· Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organization
· Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
· Relevant industry certifications (CompTIA, ITIL, Microsoft)
· Familiarity with LANDesk and Service Desk
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.